Did you know that if your radiant and glowing aura is left unprotected, it can be sensitive to outside energies? Those unwanted energies affecting your aura also have an effect on your physical body because your physical body and energetic body are divinely intertwined, one always affects the other.
With so much negativity out in the world, what’s a goddess to do to protect her energetic signature? Furthermore, when you feel energetically attacked, it can feel difficult to live your truth and stand up for what you believe in.
There are a variety of powerful and simple ways to give your vibrant vibes a protective shield, so you can stay at your peak physically and energetically.
Visualization for Daily Protection
This may be the simplest way to offer your aura the protection it needs, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not powerful. Visualizing a protective field around your aura each morning will set you up with a negativity shield that will keep your love-filled aura glowing and radiant.
This is perfect to add on to a morning meditation practice because it can be done in just a couple of minutes. If you don’t have a regular meditation practice yet or needed to skip it for the day, you can still squeeze this simple visualization in with just a few moments of quiet mindfulness.
To do an aura protection visualization:
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- Imagine your aura filled with love, glowing bright, and extending with each breath.
- Once you have a clear image of your aura in your mind’s eye, imagine a bubble around it.
- Spend as much time as you’d like visualizing yourself in your protective bubble. If you know you’ll be encountering a lot of people and variety of energies, you can spend more time. If you know you’ll be in safe spaces all day, less visualization may be required.
- Tap into this visualization anytime throughout your day that you feel you need additional protective support. Alternatively, if you’re in a safe space and want to freely give energy and experience others energy, you can imagine your shield going away.
Crystals & Symbols for Daily to Strong Protection
Wearing protective stones and symbols can offer energetic protection from bad vibes that could affect your auric field as well as a physical and visual reminder to take other steps to protect your energy. This method works especially well when you know that you’ll be in large groups of people while going on a flight, to a concert, a festival, or if you simply live in a big city.
Anytime I fly I either wear a Hamsa hand necklace, gemstones for grounding and protection, or all of these. Though there are many stones and symbols that can help shield your energy, these are the ones I find to be the most effective for aura protection:
- Labradorite: Great for physical, mental, and spiritual protection labradorite will shield you from unwanted energies and can also help with energy leaks in your aura.
- Smoky Quartz: One of the most powerful grounding stones, smoky quartz will help keep you anchored to the Earth and feeling safe and protected.
- Black Tourmaline: This stone is great to keep around during rituals and spell work. It will create a protective shield around you and your space while also clearing and balancing all of the chakras.
- Hematite: Will help to block negative energies from entering the aura, and help to rid the aura of any current negative energy.
Healers for Strong Protection & Cleansing
If you’ve been out of the loop on auras and feel like your energy needs a serious overhaul, working with a trained healer is a great place to start. Get started by doing a search online for a Reiki practitioner in your area, then do your research. Seeing a healer on a regular basis for a few months will not only refresh, restore, and help protect your aura, you’ll also feel amazing.
I worked with an energy healer for the first year after moving to Arizona to help me through the transition of relocating. It was my first experience with it and because Reiki doesn’t involve any physical touch, I was skeptical about how I’d feel afterward. I was more calm, refreshed, and blissed out than I’d been from any massage I’d ever had. This stuff works.
Salt for Moderate Protection
Dealing with some negative energy in your workspace? Salts of all kinds absorb negative energy. This protective tool is a perfect passive aura protection method. Keep a cup or bowl of salt on your desk at work or at home to keep any bad vibes of anyone passing by out of your aura.
Salt also works well as an aura cleanser. If you feel like you’ve been exposed to some bad energy, taking a salt bath can help cleanse and restore your aura.
White Light Meditation for Strong Protection
Think back to the last time you had a really powerful meditation or yoga session. Did you feel like you were walking on a cloud for the next 24 hours, like no one’s bad vibes could touch you and that you were better able to react to bad vibes with love?
If you already have a solid meditation or yoga practice in place, you may already be experiencing the benefits of this aura protection method!
Meditation will raise your vibration and intensify your aura. Doing a white light meditation is standard for a protective shield, though some healers suggest a clear or golden light meditation. I suggest trying each out to see what works best for you.
To practice, start your meditation practice as usual. Once you’re settled, imagine white, clear, or golden light coming from the universe and surrounding you and your aura. This can be a powerful protective tool, use it as often as you need throughout your day.
Sound Healing for Moderate-Strong Protection & Cleansing
Escape to another plane and protect and revitalize your aura with this healing tool. If you’ve not yet experienced the healing powers of sound, put it at the top of your self-care to-do list! Sound healing is not only a powerful tool to keep your aura in peak condition, it will leave your whole body buzzing with peace and good vibes.
Here are a few methods to experience sound healing and protection:
- Singing bowls in a class or individual use.
- Chanting mantras. My favorite is this Kundalini yoga protection mantra: AAD GURAY NAMEH.
- Tuning forks treatments or individual use.
- Some instruments can help with this like gongs and didgeridoos.
- Audio tracks via download or CD.
Get Grounded for Moderate Protection
Getting grounded is a great tool to use when you don’t feel like you’re protected. You might be trying out all of the methods listed above but still feel like you’re not protected. Grounding will activate your root chakra and make you feel protected as well as protecting you with earth energy. You can read all about tips for getting grounded on this previous blog post here.
Live to your fullest potential, fearlessly, knowing that you’re protected and safe! Now you’ve got all of the tools you need to be protected mind, body, and spirit.
Cassie Uhl is the founder and owner of Zenned Out, a jewelry company that handcrafts jewelry with meaning and provides a community that inspires a mindful and spiritual lifestyle. Cassie grew up with a open minded, astrology obsessed grandmother and a father that would take her and her sister star gazing in the wee hours of the night. These experiences shaped Cassie and Zenned Out into what they are today by bringing spirituality and astrology into the forefront. Cassie hopes to give spiritual souls a place to feel at home on the Zenned Out blog and offers handcrafted jewelry with meaningful symbols, powerful gemstones, and mindful quotes to enable people to wear jewelry that aligns with their souls purpose.