Sacred geometry is beautiful but knowing how to use it in your spiritual practice isn’t always obvious. Metatron’s Cube is an excellent example of a complicated looking sacred shape that has rather practical uses.
First, let’s break down this shape and discuss who Metatron is, then I’ll share some ways to start using this symbol in your spiritual practice.
Who is Metatron?
This sacred symbol is named after Archangel Metatron. He is considered the scribe of God or Source Energy and his cube is responsible for protecting and balancing the flow of energy from Source to the physical realm. Metatron’s story also aligns with the story of Thoth, the Egyptian scribe.
What is Metatron’s Cube?
Metatron’s Cube is comprised of 13 circles that are all touching; this shape is called The Fruit of Life (shown below). To create the cube, straight lines are drawn from the center of each circle that connects to the center of all of the other circles.
Metatron’s cube also contains the five platonic solids, which represent the five elements (earth, air, water, fire, and spirit) and are the geometric building blocks of the universe. This topic is a blog post for another day!
How to Use Metatron’s Cube
Because Metatron’s cube protects the flow of energy, it is an ideal tool to use for cleansing, protecting, and accessing more energy. Here are three ways to use Metatron’s Cube.
Because Archangel Metatron and his cube control the flow of energy they also protect it. This symbol has long been associated as a symbol of protection. The easiest way to start using this symbol is to use it for protection.
Start by placing it in an area where you desire your energy or the energy of a space to be protected. When you place the symbol, imagine Archangel Metatron enveloping the space in a protective shield of white light.
Energy Clearing Grid
If you feel like your energy or the energy of your home are stale and need a refresh try using Metatron’s Cube for a cleansing crystal grid!
Download a printable sheet of Metatron’s Cube for a crystal grid here.
To create your grid collect the following stones.
- Clear quartz for cleansing and amplifying, 6 or more pieces
- Selenite for cleansing and purifying, 1 large piece
- Amethyst for cleansing emotions, 1 or more pieces
- Kyanite for connecting you with Metatron’s cleansing energy, 1 or more pieces
- Smokey Quartz to ground and protect you and your space, 1 or more pieces
Cleanse your stones with sage or any other cleansing tool you prefer before you begin your grid. With your stones and Metatron’s Cube shape ready, close your eyes, quiet your mind, breathe, and call on Archangel Metatron to help cleanse your space through the help of your crystal grid.
Place the piece of selenite in the center of the grid, the quartz crystals in the six outer circles, and any remaining crystals where you feel called to place them on the grid. Imagine yourself and your space being cleansed as you place each stone on your grid. Thank Archangel Metatron for helping you to cleanse yourself and your space.
Keep your grid up for as long as you’d like and try to make contact with it daily for as long as it is up.
Metatron’s Cube can also be used as a means to connect with Archangel Metatron to balance and amplify the energy throughout your chakra system. Meditating on Metatron’s Cube is a great way to access this energy.
Follow this guide to perform this meditation.
- Find a comfortable sitting position.
- Place an image of Metatron’s Cube in front of you on the floor so you can gaze at it as you meditate. Click here to receive the free download of Metatron’s Cube.
- Close your eyes, breathe, center yourself.
- Call on Archangel Metatron to assist you in your meditation. Ask him to help cleanse, balance, and amplify your chakra system.
- Open your eyes and continue your meditation as you gaze at Metatron’s Cube.
- You may feel a buzzing up your spine as your chakra system wakes up and that’s ok. If you don’t, that’s ok too! You may also want to envision each of your chakras glowing and brightening in order up your spine.
- Stay in your meditation as long as you’d like. Before you end, thank Archangel Metatron for assisting you.
I hope you feel more equipped to start using Metatron’s Cube in your practice! Learn more about Sacred Geometry with The Ritual Deck. The Ritual Deck includes cards, mantras, and rituals for the Seed of Life, the Flower of Life, and the Sri Yantra. Click here to learn more.
Cassie Uhl is a published author, artist, intuitive, and founder of Zenned Out. She created Zenned Out in 2012 with the mission to build a brand that normalizes spirituality. In 2018 she self-published her popular and interactive Goddess Discovery Book series. In 2020 her writing and art became more mainstream with Understanding Auras, Understanding Crystals, and Understanding Chakras, published by The Quarto Group. Her writing style and art combine to help marry accessibility with deep spiritual topics. It is her goal to help others understand and live spiritual practices that can change the world. Inspired by her open-minded grandmother, Cassie has been meditating and working with her energy since her teenage years. She received her 200hr YTT in 2012 with a focus on breathwork. Now, her work focuses on energy work, journeying, mediumship, death midwifery, and healing through traditional Celtic shamanic practices.