Aries, our cardinal fire sign and first sign of the zodiac, is a fiery and dynamic sign here to bring us a fresh start. It invites us to tap into our bravery and courage, go after our dreams, tap into our inner fire, and move towards more freedom.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing a card spread and a ritual for Aries season. To learn more about Aries energy and your personal birth chart’s connection to Aries, check out our Understanding the Energy of Aries Season blog post here.
Card Spread for Aries Season
This card spread can be done using an oracle deck (like the Zenned Out Ritual Deck) or a tarot deck. In this spread, we’ll explore Aries’ invitation for you.
I invite you to create a ritual space for you and your deck to communicate by taking a moment to ground and center yourself; lighting some incense, herbs, or candles that help you drop into your heart space; and opening to allow messages to come through.
Truly, it doesn’t matter what you do, just that whatever you do helps you feel more grounded, centered, and open.
When you feel centered and ready, shuffle your deck and draw a card for each of the following questions:
- What is Aries energy here to teach me?
- Supportive energies to draw on to encourage my growth.
- How can I embody the warrior, and the pioneer this season?
- What limitations am I ready to burst through?
- How can I move through these limitations, towards more freedom?
After you pull your cards, take some time to journal and/or meditate with them to really connect with the full meaning they have to offer you.
Aries Season Ritual to Connect to Your Inner Warrior
As I shared above, one archetype Aries can evoke from within us is the warrior. In this ritual, you’ll work with tapping into and embodying that part of yourself.
For this ritual, you’ll need:
- A candle in a color that connects you to Aries energy and your inner warrior. Orange, red, and yellow are great options, but any color you personally connect to being a warrior will work.
- A small piece of paper you can burn and something to write with
- A fire-safe dish
- At your altar or wherever you are, ground yourself in whatever way feels good (maybe taking a few deep breaths, touching something soft, or placing your hands somewhere on your body).
- When you feel ready, light your candle and drop into meditation.
- Meditate on the archetype of the warrior. Here are some questions to consider to help you tap into this energy:
- Who is your inner warrior?
- What does warrior energy feel like in your body?
- What does being a sacred warrior mean?
- What are you a warrior for?
- What feels hard about embodying the warrior?
- Take your time here and really let yourself sink into this energy. When you feel ready, let your meditation organically move into embodiment. Can you embody your inner warrior? How can you move, sound, breathe, speak to embody this part of yourself? Take some time here to just play, explore, and notice how this work feels in your body.
- When you feel ready to rest, take a moment to notice how your body feels. What has opened up and shifted? What is your intention for your inner warrior?
- Write your intention for your inner warrior on your piece of paper and read it out loud to let it really sink in. (For example, I might write I am a warrior for love or It’s safe to embody my inner warrior.)
- When you’re ready, burn your paper (using your candle and fire-safe dish). Let your intention waft in smoke out to the universe, and let your candle burn all the way down.
- Commit to taking actions that allow you to access this part of yourself this season.
Happy Aries season! I hope this card spread and ritual help you feel supported during this energetic and fiery season! Share your spreads and rituals on Instagram and tag us @zennedout so we can see them!
About Eryn Johnson
Eryn Johnson is a breathwork facilitator, tarot reader, and Reiki Master based in Fishtown, Philadelphia. She is also the host of the Living Open podcast for mystics and seekers, a storytelling tool here to help facilitate soul evolution. The foundation of her work is energetic and based on the belief that there's nothing wrong with you- we are simply programmed from a young age to forget the truth of who we are. She uses energy work, storytelling, and breathwork to guide you back to you - your heart, your power, your magic. Find her work at www.living-open.com and @erynj_ on Instagram.