You have psychic abilities. We all do. Some of our psychic gifts are more pronounced than others, but we all have them. The best place to start when it comes to making your psychic gifts more effective is knowing what kind of psychic you are.
The way that we each receive psychic information varies. Just because you don’t see premonitions of the futures does not mean that you’re not psychic! Some of us intuit psychic information through touch, feel, sight, and even smell. Once you determine what kind of psychic you are, you’ll be able to perfect and hone your abilities.
Let’s find out what kind of psychic you are so you can start mastering your psychic abilities! I’ll break down signs to look for each psychic category and a few ways for you to sharpen your skills.
What kind of psychic are you?
As you read through this list, keep in mind that It is entirely possible that you contain gifts from more than just one of these psychic categories. Many of us have two to three that stand out, or, you may have one that is very prominent.
If you haven’t been practicing your psychic abilities you may not be receiving fully formed messages from the other side just yet, and that’s perfectly ok! Determine which of the psychic skills listed below pique your interest, start paying closer attention that ability in yourself, try out some of the suggested “fine-tuning tips,” and see what happens! If you do have that psychic ability you’ll likely notice that you become more sensitive to it.
A little note: the Latin word “clair” translates to clear, which is why each of the psychic abilities starts the same. I’ve added the English translation to break each one down.
Clairvoyance // Clear Seeing
Clairvoyance is the most commonly referenced of the clair’s and is likely one you’ve heard mentioned most often. Don’t be fooled by the term’s popularity. It certainly isn’t the most common form of psychic ability!
Clairvoyance is the ability to see things before they happen. If you’re clairvoyant, you may have intuitive hits that include seeing visions of future events or having dreams about future events.
How to fine-tune your clairvoyant abilities:
- Write down any visions you have so you can cross-reference their accuracy if/when they happen.
- Keep a dream journal.
- Practice third eye meditations often with the help of crystals like amethyst to help open your third eye.
Clairaudience // Clear Hearing
If you fall into the clairaudient category, you’re likely very sensitive to sound and may even get different feelings from sounds. Practiced clairaudients may hear messages from loved ones who have passed on, music from the other side, or hear about the future. If you’ve ever heard voices or music when there are none to be heard you may be clairaudient.
How to fine-tune your clairaudient abilities:
- Try sound healing with gongs or singing bowls.
- Keep a journal of how certain sounds make you feel or any messages you hear.
- Practice sound healing meditations often.
Clairsentience // Clear Feeling
If you’re clairsentient, you’re also likely an empath, or consider yourself very empathic. Clairsentients can feel the energy of others with ease through their energetic field or aura. You may even have strong feelings about the wellbeing of plants and animals too. If you’re the type of person that knows that someone is no good immediately upon meeting them, you’re likely clairsentient.
How to fine-tune your clairsentient abilities:
- Experience Reiki and consider learning more about Reiki and the auric field.
- Keep a journal to record any intuitive hits you receive about people you come in contact with.
- Practice aura and energy meditations often.
Clairtangency // Clear Touching
Clairtangency is also referred to as psychometry and is the ability to receive intuitive hits from holding different objects. Many people that are clairsentient are also clairtangent, not always, but there are many overlaps between the two. The objects that clairtangents read carry the same energy that clairsentients pick up on. You may receive intuitive hits from holding objects through feeling or visions. Think about the last time you were in an antique store or someone’s home with a lot of older items, how did it feel? If you’ve ever had a strong sense or vision from holding an object, you may be clairtangent.
How to fine-tune your clairtangent abilities:
- Keep a journal with any intuitive hits you receive from touch.
- Have friends or family test you by giving you different objects to hold, check with them to see if any intuitive hits you receive are accurate.
- Practice meditations while holding different stones and objects and be aware of how each meditation feels different based on the object.
Claircognizance // Clear Knowing
This psychic ability is a little tougher to pin down and to describe. Claircognizants know things, from either the past or the future, and may not understand why or how they have the information. Unlike clairvoyants, claircognizants may not see a vision, they simply know. If you’ve ever had a strong feeling of knowing something to be true without anyone having told you, you may be claircognizant.
How to fine-tune your claircognizant abilities:
- Keep a journal for anything you know all of a sudden, so you can cross-reference it for accuracy later.
- Begin to trust your instincts more rather than questioning them.
- Practice crown chakra and third eye meditations often.
Clairalience // Clear Smelling
Smells are powerful and one of our strongest ties to our memories. Though this psychic ability may seem strange, it’s not surprising that scent can invoke a strong intuitive hit. Seasoned clairaliences receive messages through smells, even if there are no actual smells present. If you’ve ever become overcome with the scent of a loved one that has passed on this not only may indicate that you’re clairalient but that your loved one is nearby.
How to fine-tune your clairalient abilities:
- Keep a journal to record any intuitive hits you have that include smell, be sure to include where you were and what you were doing at the time too as this may have something to do with the intuitive hit.
- Surround yourself with scents you enjoy like, herbs, plants, flowers, or essential oils. Record how they make you feel.
- Practice third eye meditations often with the intention set to receive intuitive hits through scent.
Clairgustance // Clear Tasting
Like clairalience, clairgustance involves one of your senses, taste. Not always one of the most pleasant psychic abilities, if you fall into the clairgustance category, you may taste things when you don’t have anything in your mouth. Odd as it may seem, these mystery tastes may be related to intuitive hits. For example, if you’ve ever experienced a familiar taste that took you back to childhood and you weren’t eating anything, you may be clairgustant.
How to fine-tune your clairgustant abilities:
- Practice mindful eating to become more in tune with your palette and any feelings you receive from different tastes.
- Keep a journal to record any intuitive hits you receive through taste. Remember, you may not actually be eating anything when you receive a hit of this nature!
- Practice third eye meditations often with the goal in mind to receive intuitive hits through taste.
Opening your third eye will help to hone any psychic ability listed above! Click here to shop third eye chakra jewelry to keep your mind open and ready for any messages.
Cassie Uhl is the founder and owner of Zenned Out, a jewelry company that handcrafts jewelry with meaning and provides a community that inspires a mindful and spiritual lifestyle. Cassie grew up with a open minded, astrology obsessed grandmother and a father that would take her and her sister star gazing in the wee hours of the night. These experiences shaped Cassie and Zenned Out into what they are today by bringing spirituality and astrology into the forefront. Cassie hopes to give spiritual souls a place to feel at home on the Zenned Out blog and offers handcrafted jewelry with meaningful symbols, powerful gemstones, and mindful quotes to enable people to wear jewelry that aligns with their souls purpose.